Saturday, March 20, 2010

Watch Out For Credit Repairs

It is very easy to happen a land site that is neat, professional-looking, and one that offers a free three-agency credit report and free credit report without a credit card.

This cozenage is too good to be true. Usually the lone catch is an upfront charge to the consumer of $7.95 or something similar for each moot point on your report. I was on the verge of sign language up, but got a sneaking intuition that something wasn't right.

Every other land site I'd seen offered an Equifax report for free, and a three-agency report for around $35. How could they offer it for free, and How could anyone get a free credit report without a credit card?

Skeptical, I researched the company and establish multiple complaints. One of the outstanding 1s was a claim that they disputed every negative entry on your credit report without your approval, and then charged you $7.95 for each one.

I requested an account of the above nexus to give them a opportunity to share their side of the story. While I awaited their response I continued my research.

The Department of Justice states there is nil a credit repair agency can make that you can't make for free, making Clear Credit's offer look even more than suspicious.

Almost all of the other land sites I establish made it clear that you should be leery of anyone claiming to better your credit for a fee and offering free credit report without a credit card, because non-profit communals are available to assist people with credit trouble.

My trusts were dashed in a matter of days. I received two e-mails from Clear Credit, but they didn't incorporate an explanation. They told me to move now to better my credit.

They Spam a possible client who made a perfectly legitimate petition for more than information. I was not impressed.

My search to happen a quality three-agency credit report for a low terms will continue, but Clear Credit is clearly off the list.

No comments: